I Care for the Water because ... Water is Life Series
The journey on this planet is a gift of many relationships. We develop and care for the well being of those around us. The insects, water beings, mammals, birds and humans all need water to live. We balance our relationship with all life by protecting, giving thanks and caring for water.
There will be 13 images available in the series that have been created on a 15" hand drum crafted by Jackie Labonte and Oliver Nobosin. Each of the 13 drums will be gifted to a group or individual that is also caring for the water. If you would like to contact me with a suggestion for a recipient please do so. Your interest with this series is very much appreciated, together we are the ripple effect.
Throughout the year there will be a few painted gourds available, email with your commission ideas and to secure your gourd. Email: email@example.com.
Below are hand painted dried gourd shakers.
When available $20 with or without handle.
Paddle Art Tour Haldimand (PATH)
The PATH is a celebration of our local talent and the importance of the Grand River and Lake Erie to Haldimand County. Local artists are using wooden paddles—hand made by high school students in Caledonia and Dunnville—to create art portraying the area’s natural landscapes, wildlife, history and much more.
Read more on how you can participate!
Water Wheel Project
As part of the Great Art for Great Lakes recipient 2020, the Water Wheel Project was executed with the support of 365 community members painting ancient water symbols on 28 paddles. Under the instruction of Phil Cline, the students at Dunnville Secondary School helped in creating and crafting each paddle.
- Metis Womens Circle - Logo Design
- Rainbow Warriors - Illustrator
- Mossaaiic Connections- Community Murals
- Ma Mere Oui Bavaakaa (Grandmother Wise One) - Illustrator
- Turtle Teachings: Aboriginal Women’s Storytelling - Logo Design
- Young Voices They Tell Us - Logo Design
- Elders Story Book - Trout Lilies & Spring Peepers - Illustrator
- Joe’s Story - Calling Home the Spirits - Illustrator
- Anishnabeg Outreach Elder & Youth conference - Logo Design
- Little Heron Zen Hermitage - Image Design
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business Awards - Hand Drum Award Designs/paintings
- Great Art for Great Lakes - Water Wheel - Project Artist
- Haldimand County Paddle Art Tour
- Project Coordinator
- Minga Cafe - Mural
- 101 Deweguns - Living Arts Legacy Art collective